1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.5 western unimount weight?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bydptrsn, Sep 23, 2013.

1. bydptrsn

bydptrsn Junior Member
    from Omaha

My cousin just bought a second 6.5 western unimount he had had on for four years on his 95 ranger and doesn't remember the weight I asked about my 7.5 western and only got 2 responses but I think that the weights I was told are heavier than what it actually is.
  2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

well, usually once someone answers a question other people don't continue to answer it. so that would explain that. :)

I can answer this question too. .. there were a couple of different 6.5 Western plows: the most common would be the standard steel 6.5, which was about 560 lbs including the mount. the other would be the sport utility 6.5 which was just 425 neighborhood.

I do see that I made a bit of a mistake in the other post. On the old Western brochures they listed the weights with the mount instead of without the mount like they do currently.
  3. bazjeepers

bazjeepers Member

I just got this Western Standard 6.5. Are they durable? I fear rust is a big issue with the old Western plows. I included brochure information I found online for the Western Standard plow

Western Plow Weights.PNG

Western Standard Plow.PNG
  4. bydptrsn

bydptrsn Junior Member
    from Omaha

My cousin has had one for 5 years or so on a 95 or 92 ranger and it has worked amazingly and has stood up to some really heavy snow along with some routine maintainence it should last for a long long time
  5. boatmehcanic

boatmehcanic Junior Member
    from Iowa

not to go off subject here but when I was looking for a small plow for my ranger I was told that the 6.5 unimount plows use a different size mount than a full size plow. Any truth to this?
  6. bydptrsn

bydptrsn Junior Member
    from Omaha

Nope my 7.5 mount hooks right up to it that's how we transported it to our shop everything is the same just a smaller plow