1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.5 turbo diesel Q

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by EaTmYtAiLpIpEs, Aug 21, 2009.

1. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I am looking at a 1994 chevy 2500 with a 6.5 turbo diesel. He says it dogs out going up hills and when you give it a lot of throttle. He says you cant hear the supply pump turn on. IDK if it is worth taking the risk but is it most likely the supply pump?

2. towpro570

towpro570 Senior Member

yea i would buy it if price is right prob needs injectors payup

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Be very careful!!! Read up on problems with the Pump Mounted Driver (PMD) aka Fuel Solenoid Driver (FSD) with the 6.5TD. This is a $2,000 fix by the dealer. I got the after-market driver for something like $125 and installed it my (very easy install). Your specific problem MAY be with the lift pump or the injectors like towpro570 said.

4. towpro570

towpro570 Senior Member

if it is the lift pump replace it with a holley pump with more psi this will give you more power just read it up good place to go is dieselbombers.com use me as reference tow pro 570

5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I didnt buy it. I am going to look at a f350 right now with a ex dumper and unimount plow