1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.5' too big for a 98 blazer?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by me1223, Jan 4, 2006.

1. me1223

me1223 Member

Well I called my local rep yesturday and wanted to get a quote for a meyer plow for the comming year, and today he called me back and said that the 6.5'TM plow was too big for the blazer, but the blizzard dealer says it would be ok to put a 720lt on it. Should I be able to put this plow (meyer) on this truck?
  2. DMR95

DMR95 Junior Member

remember that the weight of the unit also has some effect on whether or not the vehicle could handle it... but in my opinion I don't think a blade 6.5' would be too wide for a blazer
  3. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

6.5 Blade

I've got a 6.5 Steel Snow-Way on my wifes 2004 Blazer. Works great! If I had it all to do again I would get the 7.0 Poly Blade for her truck though. Her truck handles the steel blade just fine, but why add the extra weight when you don't need to.
  4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

get the blizzard. Its a better built plow than the meyer max 2 plows.
  5. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Blizzard on a Trailbalzer

Blizzard is a good plow...no bout a doubt it. I may even start selling them next year.

If one of you guys were to come with me with a TrailBlazer, I would still recomend a Snow-Way Poly.