1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.5 Meyer Blade with Wings?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Tang, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Tang

Tang Junior Member
    from Ohio

Hey All,

I've recently purchased a complete plow setup for my F-250. The price was right and all parts are in good working condition. The only downside is the plow blade is short - 6.5' wide.

The 6.5' blade just isn't wide enough and I'm wondering how well this blade will work with a set of pro-wings installed. Or should I search for a 7.5' or larger Meyer blade? My plowing is non-commercial consisting of only my long driveway and a few relatives. I want something that I can angle and still clear enough ground so the truck is not tracking through snow.

Thanks!

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

If your just using it for personal use then it should be ok. It is short and you might want to go get a 7.5 or 8 if you feel the need. Personally I take my wings oFf to do driveways.

3. Tang

Tang Junior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks for the information.

My preference is to find a wider plow versus messing with wings but figured it was an option worth exploring.

4. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

i have a 7.5 foot blade and im wondering the same thing. id really like an 8 or 8.5 foot blade.im going to be doing mostly a few commercial lots which are big and open with usually no vehicles. can i buy any meyers 8 or 8.5 foot blade and just mount it on my a frame? not sure how this works exactly. ive seen someoone on craigslist who has a 8.5 meyers blade but its on an older model, the style that keeps the pump and everything on the truck. if i remove just that blade and mount it on mine using the exz classic will it work?

5. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

i know im not the first person to think of this?

6. My76f250

My76f250 Senior Member

Tang, i have a 7 1/2' meyer st series sittin in my yard that needs an a frame an pistons...its the blade sector springs and edge....i was gonna build it into a back plow but never got to it..$150 and a road trip its yours...call Brian at 201 888 6488