1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.5 injector pump

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jrodgers, Aug 12, 2010.

1. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

Hey all, so does anyone know about a warranty that GM put out for injector pumps for the 6.5 diesels? I could have sworn the last time my injector pump went (about 7-8yrs ago) that GM sent me a letter that the injector pumps would be covered for the life of the truck as long as I owned it. It was because they were having alot of problems with them. Does anyone know anything about this? I think this one is going now, its a 2000 3500HD and my guys are telling me that it has fuel but it starts to stall out like its running out of fuel, when it has a full tank. If I recall this is just what happened last time. I am going to try to change the filter but if that doesnt work I think its going to be the injector pump again.

2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Change the pmd and use a relocation kit . And u wont have any more problems. There are some nice kits on ebay. I have bought many from seller name angelofishes
    It is a very easy fix. I always get the more expensive one with the cooler. I mount mine underneath by the rad support it gets plenty of fresh cool air down there.Here is a link to one from him.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-6...5189214?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010