1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.5' Homesteader won't lift all the time

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by peterng, Dec 30, 2010.

1. peterng

peterng Senior Member

This is an older speedcast, all hydraulic. Cables from cab to valve body, belt driven pump.

The plow will lift 1 time out of 5. When it does it goes up like a champ. 2 times out of 5 it goes up, but very,very slow. 2 times out of 5 it will not lift at all.

Fluid is full, belt seems a little loose to me, but the plow angles left and right like a champ 100% of the time. I think I saw speedcast written on this plow somewhere, and that term accurately reflects angling. I checked to see that the cable was engaging the valve when I lift and it does. The hose jumps when lift is engaged, but the plow won't go up.

Any ideas as to what I could check ? I wanted to try to cover some basics before taking it into the shop.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  2. peterng

peterng Senior Member

Sorry, this was a really simple one. The cable was just on the edge of tripping the valve all the time. adjusted cables.