1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.5 fisher

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 2low4nh, Jun 25, 2009.

1. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

okay im looking at buying a used plow. he has everything for it to bolt up to an older chevy s10 i think it was on an 88. i want to know if it will bolt up to my 2004 s10 crew cab

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Won't bolt up to your '04 without a welder and a plasma cutter if it's for the pre-'94 body style.

3. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

well i have the welder. can i buy new push plates? or will the whole set up not work

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As long as it's a Minute Mount you can start with a set of 7139B push plates if you can source a set (they're discontinued) and make a few small mods to them to fit the '04.

You'll also need some major (think $$$) wiring changes/updates as well in order to make it compatible with the '04, so be sure to take these costs into account before plunking down money on what appears to be a "good deal".