1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.5' fisher

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by blazaman2001, Jan 22, 2004.

1. blazaman2001

blazaman2001 Junior Member

this may come across as a dumb question but i have kinda been in the dark on the subject. Does fisher still make a 6 or 6.5' fisher mm plow. I am looking to put one on my s-10 blazer and don't won't a huge plow that will kill the truck. any help would be app.

Dave

2. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

Dave
    I think the smallest they make a 6'9" LD. I have one on my zr2. But they seem to be hard to find now.

3. RPMAK

RPMAK Member

The last 6.5 Fisher made was in 1997 as ronsracing indicated the make the 6.9 LD now.

4. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

6'9' LD is what they make now stopped the smaller lds because there trying to push their homesteader. LDs while still around, seem to be harder to find now and you donn't see many of them. I know a few people on this site run new 6'9" s on tacomas and s-10s i have seen a few on blazers too.

5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher still makes the 6'9 LD MM1 but on a limited run production,we've been waiting for a few for Jeep wranglers and Fisher claims they are working on them.
    Unless your dealer has one laying around it's gonna be a special order type deal with no confirmed delivery date.

6. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I want one for my 97 Jimmy but can't get a kit anymore. I will have to buy everything in pieces.

7. countryboy

countryboy Junior Member

ronsracing

RonRacing, where did you find a ZR@ mount or did you have to modify one to fit it?

8. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

I found the mount at my local fisher dealer. I did not have to make any modifications

9. countryboy

countryboy Junior Member

that is funny, from what I've seen and read Fisher doesn't make a mount for the ZR2, is it a s10 mount or ZR2 specific mount?

10. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

I think that it is the same as the s-10 mount

11. countryboy

countryboy Junior Member

ok, maybe they just don't list or recommend it for the ZR2. How does your Z plow? what about front end sag?

12. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

They don't list it. I have been really impressed with the plow. I do only resident driveways and although it is a smaller blade than I am used to, the truck is smaller to get into tighter places. I have only used it a few times but the last storm was 6-8" of wet snow and it had no porblems. Even able to stack the snow in the smaller driveways. My zr2 doesn't sag as long as I have some ballast in the rear.

13. countryboy

countryboy Junior Member

do you have the model number for the mount? How much balast do you carry in the back? Do you have any pics?

14. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

I use about 300 pounds of ballast. I have pictures in the picture forum. I have to figure out where the mount model number is.

15. countryboy

countryboy Junior Member

ok, thanks, when you find the model number e-mail it to me at sbatzold@yahoo.com

Thanks,
    Scott

16. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

you can buy a ld series or a home steader plow

17. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

ld series is much stronger than homesteader:nod: