1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.4L Powerstroke - Where to mount solenoid?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by GLS, Dec 12, 2008.

1. GLS

GLS Senior Member

We are considering the purchase of an '08 superduty 6.4L powerstroke. Under the hood looks even worse than our cummins, where are some possible solenoid mounting locations?

Thanks
    Ryan

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

The Boss dealer mounted Enzo's behind the passenger side headlight. Youre right its a tight configuration under there...i didnt like it behind the light because have fun changing it during a storm if you need to.

3. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

Mine is behind the drivers side lamp for my Fisher. They say there's less heat on that side. Also on my Fisher they have some fuses really close to the solenoid so I extended them to the point where I didn't have to take the headlamp off to change any fuses.
    Oh yeah, it's tight under the hood! The only way to work on them is to take the whole cab off! My Powerstroke diesel guy takes the cabs off of 7.3's, 6.0's, and 6.4's. He say it just makes working on them so much easier.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  4. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Thanks for the replies! Just wanted to make sure there was somewhere to mount it.

5. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I mounted mine to the air box in the right front, the relays are on a bracket in front of the brake cylinder.