1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.4 powerstorke help

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by bigc1301, Dec 3, 2012.

1. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

I have a 2010 F250 6.4 powerstroke. I did the DPF and EGR deletes. I got the SCT tuner now I get a codes for P0488 and P1000. Also it is idling higher then it use to. When I letoff the break pedel the truck will go about 10 mph. Not sure what to do

2. rstan2010

rstan2010 Member
    from Troy MI

P0488 Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Throttle Control Circuit A Range/Performance
    P1000 On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) Systems Readiness Test Not Complete

You have to have a custom tune written for full egr deletes. Your SCT with canned tunes does not support a full egr delete. The egr disabled selection tool is for blocker plates and/or just to shut off the valve. Give Innovative Diesel Performance a call they have good tunes. 1-410-620-3020 www.innovativediesel.com Or you can sell your sct and get a h&s mini max or a spartan. They support egr deletes.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  3. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

would that also effect the idling?

4. rstan2010

rstan2010 Member
    from Troy MI

Yes i believe it does. Kinda like a limp mode i believe.

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Are your sensors plugged into your delete pipe or are the unplugged from the harness? They need to be plugged in to the harness to keep the idle low. Happened to my friends 08 that had tunes from Innovative for DPF Delete. We broke the sensors since they were rusted solid into the stock pipe, without those it made it idle high.

6. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

Im not sure about the senors. I know the egr plug is not plugged into anything

7. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

Thanks for the help everyone