1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.2l in a F150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by johndeereguy, Dec 3, 2011.

1. johndeereguy

johndeereguy Senior Member
    from Iowa

Looking at buying a new Ford F150. Dealers say that they hardly sell a truck with the 6.2 becasue the smaller V8 and the new ecoboost have so much power already. Well i am one to think that a guy can ever have enough power. Who here has a 6.2 l and what do you think of it?

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i know a few people with the 6.2 in F-250's and they say they are gas hogs.
    they now also wish they bought a diesel instead

3. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

I love my 6.2. It has a ton of power and now that i put stock tires on it I see as high as 17 on the highway at 70...13 in the city. That's I. A 2011 F250

4. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Got one in a F350 single cab. Ton of power, average around 13...and would buy it again over the diesel and put $10k in my pocket.

5. weekendwrench

weekendwrench Senior Member

I have a 2011 f-350 regular cab and I love it. Plenty of power get 10 to 12 probably but never really worry about because the truck is always working. I don’t think I have ever driven the truck unloaded. The only time I wish I had the diesel was when I haul unilock. But I can’t justify the price of a diesel in a pickup, now my dump truck on the other hand that’s a different story.