1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.2 Diesel

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by NBI Lawn, Oct 16, 2007.

1. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Looking at an 83' Chev with the 6.2 diesel wesport , 130hp wow. Does anyone still run these?

The truck only has 110,000 on it and the guy says its an OD tranny. New body parts from Texas, $2200.

Worth a crap?

2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Sounds like a 1/2 ton truck. They are good just low on power. They have low tq so they plow good just no speed demon on the roads

3. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

For got to mention its a 1 ton.

Also I did find a 6.5 turbo setup (non intercooled) locally for $200. They are saying it was on a 6.2

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

5. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

If it's a 1 ton it will have a 400th or the 4 spd hd stick unless someone swapped it out.
    Still a good truck possibly if done right and it's in good shape.

6. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

I have two trucks with the 6.2 diesels. one of them is my 78 that i swaped one into. love the diesels.

7. Jgrub75

Jgrub75 Member

I have a 1991 3500 with a 6.2, It plows great. It has a 9" meyer and 225K on it. It wont get ya anywhare fast but it is reliable.