1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6 1/2' Western Pro Guard on Jeep Cherokee XJ???

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by sbhockey, Nov 10, 2011.

1. sbhockey

sbhockey Junior Member

Hey guys, new to the site, but have been poking around trying to gather info. I'm planning on putting a plow on my Cherokee and have some questions. Hopefully this is the right place for them.

I’ve got an old 94’ Jeep Cherokee XJ I drive in the winter while the nice vehicles sit in the garage and take the winter off. The Jeep will only be used for plowing some family and friends driveways. I just picked up on craigslist a 6.5’ Western Pro Guard for $100 in nice shape, no mounts or pump. I’m planning on making my own mounts, and instead of using a hydro pump, I’ll use a 2,000# winch to raise & lower the blade. For the angle I’ll replace the pistons with pieces of tubing that slide in and out of each other and pin them in place for L, R, and straight. My big question is can the front of my little Jeep handle a plow this size? The width of the plow is not what I’m concerned with, it’s the height and weight of the blade/aframe setup. The Jeep did just get new coils up front and leafs out back, along with new shocks all around and a 2” lift. Adding air springs inside the coils is not out of the question. Looking forward to hearing advice from others on here.

Thanks,
    Ernie

2. sbhockey

sbhockey Junior Member

Sorry, guess I should have posted this in the Jeep section. Mod feel free to move if necessary.

3. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Search "Cherokee" in the search box and you'll find a ton of info. Short answer: the weight will not be an issue. Good luck