1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.0l Engine/drivetrian Horror Stories

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by SpruceLandscape, Sep 27, 2007.

1. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

Hey everyone... I'm posting this because I'm glad to see that ford is scrapping the 6.0L Power Joke! Anyone that has read my threads knows the kind of horror stories we have had with them, now its your turn to vent!!! We've had Turbo and Trans. problems... What have yours been??

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

my troubles

04- 550 3- turbos in 16k miles,ball joints at 13k.
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I don't have that much time. :cry: :cry:
  4. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

04 F250 and 0 major problems so far although ive only had it for the last 10,000 KM
  5. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

my dad is a service manager at a local ford dealer and we are in a rural area so they sell and service lots of diesel trucks.from the way my dad puts it there is no in between, you either got a good 6.0 or a bad one. the guys who got a ggod one love em, the guys who didn't hate em. there was big problems with the injectors, my dad did his homework with the ford reps and found out, ford used so many different suppliers for the injectors they got lots of bad ones.i've personally seen 6.0's that wouldn't even start when brought in on the transporter brand new, couldn't even get it off the truck! oh well that's what i know, personally i like the ol tried and true 7.3, mine has 250,000 on it and runs perfect. later, pete
  6. JT Contracting

JT Contracting Junior Member

I have a friend who works at a Ford Dealership, he has told me if you find a good Diesel "Keep It". Mine has 120,000 on it and no major issues.
  7. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

Had a 04 F 350 ext cab had 4 transmissions in it in 18000 miles Got the lemon law on it. Will never buy a ford diesel.
  8. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

03 F-250 been lifted since day 1....with 68k no problems...Also know of 4 more 6.0ls with 100k+ on them pullin bobcat trailers/loaded trailers every day wih zero problems one has 178k on it...there are plenty of them running around by me with 80k on them with tuners, nitrous etc with zero problems....So I guess there are plenty of good 6.0ls out there... I would never buy anyhting but a ford...