1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.0L CC Suspension packages?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by lawn watcher, Dec 9, 2003.

1. lawn watcher

lawn watcher Junior Member
    from NJ

I am just looking at getting a new F350 Crew Cab King Ranch with the 6.0L diesel w/Torq shift. I am most likely going to be ordering the truck and am wondering what you guys suggest as to a suspension package. I would like to use this to do some plowing and will also be getting a Western pro 8' blade with unimount. They do not offer a snow plow package with the 6.0L and a CC but they do offer 2 other packages... Heavy Service Suspension Package, and a MAX FGVRW Package. Both include the steering dampner. I am not sure if either has the X springs that I have seen people recommend. Do you recommend any of these packages over the other or am I better off just getting stock and adding the X springs? Anyone know if they include the X springs? How about what the stock weight on the front axle is for a F350 CC with 6.0L?

Lawn Watcher
  2. EZSnow

EZSnow Senior Member

get as much spring as you can get from the factory if you want to hang a plow on a crew diesel. I think the camper package includes the heaviest bouncies you can get. That's what mine has. You can also measure the spring pack to find out what springs are on the truck. No matter what springs are on it, even 6000 pounders, the rating will not be higher than 5200# on a F-350.

BTW- unless you already have one, don't even think about a uni-mount... unless it's FREE!!! Not worth the trouble over everything the ultramount offers... also, the ultramount allows the plow to articulate from the truck, so it actually plows better.

King Ranch? Sweeeeeet leather!!