1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.0 with broken manifold bolts again.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dlcs, Oct 31, 2015.

1. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

This seems to be a reaccuring problem with my 2011 3500hd. Has GM come out with a updated bolt to end this problem. Seems like it's a everyother year fix. Am I the only one?
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Maybe ARP has something?
  3. averhoog

averhoog Junior Member

Not much you can do about them breaking I added extra exhaust hangers to elevate the weight and put in stronger bolts. Also make sure you replace the manifold that's pro the most important thing
  4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Have you contacted Mark O yet?
  5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I know Ford came out with a stainless kit. Not sure if gm did anything like that.
  6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

^^^ This here. Most likely your manifolds are warped. Replace the manifolds and I would bet the issue goes away.
  7. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

I havent heard of this being an issue with the 6.0
  8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

6.0 gm gas motors? It's been a problem for awhile
  9. tgmc2500

tgmc2500 Junior Member

I have a '05 with the same problem, the dealer says change the manifold and bolts.
  10. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

I agree w/ Banksy on this. ARP or Stage 8 bolts are the solution along with QUALITY gaskets, like the copper or aluminum "crush" style gaskets.