1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.0 probs

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by plow jockey, Dec 20, 2009.

1. plow jockey

plow jockey Junior Member

were 2 start and stop got 2004 f-350 bought it new its been in the shop more than ive drove it haha when i had the chance to get the 7.3 in it or 6.0 i had to have more power what a dumbss i was. love to hear your storys on the 6.0

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  2. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

Head headgaskets,egr valve,injectors,turbo,glow plugs on and on,but still love the truck pulls my backhoe like a dream,good thing there is warrenty still on the motor til May 2010

3. plow jockey

is that a fisher poly caster ?

4. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

Yes it is and it works great

5. plow jockey

the one i have is first production and have had alot of motor problems. stupid idea to mount motor upside down were the elements can run right down the shaft ?

6. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

2004 where not early production the 2003 was early production. I had a 2003 went trough 8 injectors and 3 turbos had a 2005 6.0 had bed plate resealed and an egr cooler. Traded both trucks in when they had 100,000 miles on them

7. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

F350 we have at work is on its 3rd turbo, 3rd tranny and multiple egrs, all done by ford, but now the motor is out of the 5yr warranty, so its time to drive it real nice like.