1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.0 Powerstroke Problem

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by NoFearDeere, Nov 13, 2007.

1. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Does anyone have a phone number or know how to get in contact with the Ford reps about a 6.0 Powerstroke problem. Ive had my truck in constantly for warranty problems; truck killing, EGR valve x4, anti-freeze smell and leak, etc. and they wont ever give me a truck to drive when its in for service. Ive had it with Ford....done and never again. I'm at the point where all I want is the damn thing gone. Any help is appreciated. :cry:

2. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

hey man that really sux that you are having so many problems. I dont know of any rep #s but a place to try could possibly be the ford website. Im not really sure honestly. Maybe a dealer will have a few #s on hand as well. I will say, that just because you had a bad experiance with your 6.0 does not mean you should rule out ford competely imo. my 7.3 has been a dream for me and even the later 6.0s have been pretty good. The new diesel is doing pretty good too. I know that if I were to switch, id go dodge, something about the cummins and a id like to stick with the solid axle.... Good luck man, sux to see anyone with any brand have such a hard time.

3. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

1st off you are running a tuner on that truck. Even on a tow program you can cause a lot of issues on a 6.0 It's not Fords fault you are asking for more than the engine was designed for. 2ndly ,Why have you not had your tuner set up to shut off the EGR. That would help out a lot on your EGR and anti-freeze complaints.

4. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Have them pressure test your lines for the coolant smell it may be a heater block core issue, I have seen this to be the issue before, the EGR been in 4x? Have they replaced it or just cleaned it? Also head over to the dieselstop.com they are wonderful over there, and more than helping may be able to help you figure this out before it snows. Dont be afraid to call the GM at the ford dealer and speak with him/her (be friendly ..momma always said you get more with sugar than ....who knows the restxysport). Best and luck and hope all works out very soon. (Even though I have a ford the GM's are beautiful and ride like a car, not sure if they are workable I personally havent had one but wow they are beautiful.)

5. NoFearDeere

Both of the dealers the truck has been to sell tuners and everything there and have said thats not what is causing it. The EGR has beeen replaced each of the four times.I have not had the tuner installed and running in over 3 months. I have still lost 2 EGR Valves in the stock setting that was done by the dealer. Hell, last time the truck died at the stop sign not 100 feet from the dealers lot and their response was "Well, if you can spare without it for atleast 2 days then pull her back in, otherwise I guess deal with it." WTF!!! The smell has been taken care of now by the way. Thanks for your input guys, I appreciate it!

6. noluck

noluck Junior Member

i have a 03 6.0 w/ no issues no mods either. close friend has 04 w/ 6.0 w/ programmer and had lots of egr issues. I have had poor experiences @ 2 Ford dealerships. finally found dealer w/ mechanics that knows more about diagnostics than what the computer tells them. recommend new dealership if there is one close by.

7. NoFearDeere

I see your in Roscoe....which dealerships have you went to? I've been to Fairway Ford in Freeport and aint going back (I wouldnt buy a bicycle from them people) and Bryden Ford in Durand.

8. Tuxx

Tuxx Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

If you did not have trouble with your PS, would you still not like your truck?

9. NoFearDeere

No I wouldnt. It went through ball joints, tie-rods, and axle seals in a matter of 6 months, cloth interiors suck, etc.

10. KATTRANSPORT

KATTRANSPORT Senior Member

I have been through plenty of 6.0 problems and the bottom line is they are piles of sh*t. They cant fix them becuase there is no fixes. The Egr's clog the turbo's clog and the oil coolers leak the headgaskets leak etc. I traded my last one in on a new 08 F450 6.4 and other then a couple leaking radiators the truck is awsome. I would call ford customer hotline and see if they will give you some assistence but I wouldent expect it. Ford spent over 1 BILLION dollars on 6.0 warenty repairs. the hotline number is 18002413673 I spent hours on the phone screaming at them and really got knowhere except some assistence twords a new truck let me know if I can help you more I have been there I feel your pain

11. Tuxx

Tuxx Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Sorry to here you got a bad one,maybe I should be glad I have a 5.4,I will have to wait on the other stuff, only 12,000 miles.I did have a steering box take a crap at 5000 miles.It had a rough spot when you turned the steering wheel.

12. natureguy

natureguy Junior Member
    from indiana

Mary Sue Bailey at ford motor company is who i dealt with. she can send your complaints to the right people and she is very helpful. dont accept a letter from colleen rose coventry as that is not even a real person. it is a fake name that ford puts on their warranty denial letters to try to discourage you. good luck i spent 12 months trying to get warranty on an engine replacement due to a mass air flow sensor failing, causing erratic boost indication and made the turbo do all kinds of crazy things. 8000 dollars later i paid for a nother engine and my rig back on the road. antifreeze smell is blown head gaskets more than likely................mine was. there are no good dealers left. i will buy a totaled truck from now on and let my local body shop rebuild for 1/2 the price. btw mary sue baileys number is 313-337-1935 good luck

13. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

I have an 04 and it has had a few issues but I still love the truck. To be specific before I bought it it had head gaskets done (not sure on the full story but I think the last owner blew it with a tuner). About 20,000 KM after I purchased it I had a coolant leak which was the egr cooler. Mechanic also noticed poor performance so he replaced the turbo which turned out to be damaged. Truck was out 3 days, 100$ deductible and I'm good to go again. I think 90% of the battle is a good mechanic, mine knows exactly what to look for and knows exactly what hes doing. I don't really care what has to be replaced, as long as it is warranty, and once warranty has expired I will trade in on an 06 or 07.

Cheers
    Jeff

14. NoFearDeere

Dont need to worry anymore....I called Ford and told them the story and since they didnt want to help me at all, they lost a lifetime customer with me. Got rid of the Powerstroke yesterday for a 2500HD Duramax. Pisses me off Ford wouldnt help but oh well.

15. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

CONGRADULATIONS ON THE D-MAX YOU WON'T REGRET IT.
    I DID THE SAME THING LAST FEBRUARY. TRADED MY 05 F-350 WITH THE 6.0 FOR A D-MAX. 12,000 MILES ON THE D-MAX AND NO DOWN TIME. THE 05 BLEW THE GUAGE CLUSTER OUT AND WAS UNDRIVEABLE UNTIL THEY GOT A NEW CLUSTER. IT SAT AT THE FORD DEALER FOR 6 WEEKS BEFORE THEY COULD GET A CLUSTER. 5 WEEKS INTO IT I TRADED IT. THE CLUSTER WAS THE "STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMELS BACK." COULDN'T GET A FORD REP TO RESPOND OR CALL ME BACK FOR 5 WEEKS. THAT TRUCK HAD PROBLEMS FROM DAY ONE. THE FIRST 2 MONTH I OWNED IT IT SPENT MORE TIME IN THE DEALER THAN I HAD IT FOR MY USE. YES IT IS UNDER WARRANTEE BUT THE LOANER WAS A FORD FOCUS. IMAGINE SPENDING $50,000 ON A F 350 AND GETTING A FORD FOCUS IN RETURN FOR THE FIRST FEW MONTHS. ANOTHER LOYAL CUSTOMER GOES BYE BYE!!!!!!! I REALLY LIKED THAT TRUCK. BUT COULDN'T TAKE THE DOWN TIME NO MORE!!! FORD HAS A WONDERFUL PRODUCT IF THEY COULD WORK THE BUGS OUT.
    JUST MY 2 CENTS.