1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.0 liter engine problems and upcoming fixes

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MOW ME OVER, Mar 10, 2005.

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Ok I was talking to my dad today at the ford dealership that I worked at for 11 years and he still works at for over 15 years and he told me that Ford is suposed to be coming out with the fix of all fixes for the engine problems in May or June.

From what he was told by the service director at the dealership they are going to be doing a voluntary customer satisfaction program not a recall. It is going to include new injectors and a new engine wiring harness and maybe a couple of other things and warranty will only pay around 4 to 6 hours labor for the techs to install and reprogram.

Just thought that you 6.0 liter guys that have been having problems would like to know that they are well aware of the problem and are going to be stepping up for it. This program is going to be kind of like the Firestone deal was for them, totally volunter and is covering 03 and 04 models and something like 700,000 trucks.

As far as the transmissions go for the torque shifts they are replacing the reverse piston clip if i'm not mistaken and that seems to be taking care of it.
    The thing that sucks is they redisinged that clip and the redesign is the part that is failing now and they had to go to the original clip.

Good luck guys.
  2. amsoil man

amsoil man Junior Member

what about all the oil leaks??, thanks jr
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

What a concept, try to make your customers happy. Maybe they ought to give everybody that's had a problem some of their money back and\or extend their warranties on these trucks.

I think it might be too late for a lot of their customers after stonewalling and giving them crap about how it falls within specs, blah, blah, blah.

Oil leaks, coolant leaks, turbos, injectors, lost power after reflashes, reduced mileage after reflashes, shall I go on? I am so confident that this new suspensionis going to hold up long term as well.

Maybe they ought to actually test these trucks for a few years instead of days before they release them, bunch of morons. And yes, I am bitter about my Ford experience.
  4. dshiftff

dshiftff Junior Member
    from CT

Sounds like it will be for trucks with original c-94 injectors put in early build 2003 6L trucks. 2003.5-2005 have redesinged injectors which dont fail nearly as often as them c-94's....