1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.0 liter aftermarket tuning ????

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Novadiecast, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

What are you 6.0 liter guys doing??? Anybody using an aftermarket tuner for mileage or performance and who makes the best one? I have towed 15,000 pounds across the country with my 2500 HD and really can't complain but I know it could do better. The truck mainly is local around town with little interstate driving.

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

3. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

i am kinda wondering about upgrades on my 6.0. any luck with power programmers or chips???

4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Contact Andy at www.dynotuneusa.com . He has an E85 programmer for the 6.0 and 8.1, pick up some power and less money at the pump.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  5. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

thanks for the info

6. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

those mobile dyno's are a verys scary tuning tool...that the place uses...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  7. zappalawn

zappalawn Member
    from pgh

any shop that works on vettes camaros cts-vs or any other lsx motors could point u in the right direction for a tunning program. you can either go with hand held like a hypertech divinci predator fast or you can have some one with a lap top program like hp tunners tune it. a hand held is going to be in the 300 and up range. and a lap top tune goes from like 100 all the way up

8. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

ive got my truck hypertech tuned, K&N intake and flowmaster true dual exhaust, mileage didnt change that much, but cant really say i take it easy on the pedal either.

9. niv

niv Member
    from midwest

I also have tried it all tuner,exhaust,and air but nothing seems to help,I am seriously thinking of trying some 373 gears,thats as high as you can go with the 10.5 housing I really think it will help, but everyone else says not to do it,3 to 4 mpg gain means a lot now!!!