1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.0 L Exhaust Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by turbo5560, Nov 10, 2007.

1. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

So got a 2002 Chevy 3/4 ton with the 6.0 L. I was wondering if anyone has cut the muffler out? Does it sound good? I know someone you did on an 5.3 L and it sounds great but was told that it might be a little different on the 6.0 L. Anyone do this?

2. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

It will be loud, did it for a guy and he was back the next day for a muffler! :dizzy:

3. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

i cant speak for the 6.0L but i cut out the mufflers in my 5.7L and welded in 2 pieces of pipe and it sounds awesome its not loud when crusing but its preety abnoxious under acceleration. once i get a plow the stock exhaust (or a quiter muffler) will be going back on the truck so i dont piss off all my customers at 3 in the morning.

4. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I did this to my 03 2500HD and could not stand it. It was very tacky sounding and not to mention the fact that I had no backpressure! Truck lost all kinds of power! :angry:

5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I put a nice flowmaster on my 6.0 It sounds awesome, got more power and a little better mpg. Plus it isnt horribly loud. It isnt dual outlet, just single outlet in the stock spot.

6. niv

niv Member
    from midwest

They sound bad. Stick with stock or buy a good aftermarket.