1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.0 Engine Temp

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by t-sig, Feb 4, 2011.

1. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

Hello,

My new truck seems to run a little hotter than I would expect. It is a 2011 2500HD. Under any condition the temp is around 210. It doesn't get hotter than that, it just seems like the thermostat maintains a higher temp. Is this normal?

Thanks,

Tony

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Might be normal? Might just have a hotter thermostat, did emissions change for gassers too? Bring it in and express your concern.

3. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

I think that is what I'll do. The bow tie on the tail gate has got some kind of funky internal tarnishing going on that apparently is a flaw that they know about and will fix. I will ask about the temp then.

Thanks,

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

My 2000 6.0 runs at the line right next to the 210 mark. Always has for the last 5 years. Even after I did a new thermostat.

5. ruffs

ruffs Junior Member
    from md

the chevy ly6 is ment to run at 210

6. marylandbigb

marylandbigb Member

210 is normal my 2009 2500 6.0 runs there all the time with or without plow

7. tmltrans

tmltrans Member

My 04 6.0L also runs 210. Thats the normal for this engine, not sure why GM wants it quite that high.