1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.0 diesel leaking fuel somewhere, cant find leak

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by northeastrealty, Nov 30, 2009.

1. northeastrealty

northeastrealty Member

:realmad:

Hey all, I have an 04 crewcab with the 6.0 diesel in it. Just bought it recently, noticed over the weekend when driving it that i could smell a heavy dose of diesel. I didnt spill any when fueling, its coming throught the vents while heat is on. I popper the hood to check if the fuel filter cab was loose, tight as a virgin's .!#%^. I noticed a light drip coming down around the tranny pan, but where it coming from is a mystery. Anyone ever have this problem?? Let me know thanks

neastrealty@yahoo.com

2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

That's a good one, your best bet is post this question on:
    Dieselstop.com

This is the best website for Diesel's, I used to ask tons of questions when I had my diesels, you'll surely get a few good answers / suggestions

Best of luck and let us kno what you find out

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Seems like it was some gaskets that Ford thought they could save $.01 on not installing on the downpipe on most of them IIRC. :realmad: :realmad:

Mine had it for awhile, they 'couldn't find anything' and eventually it went away. Not sure how or why, but it did.