1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.0 2004 f350 diesel?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Tiflawn, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Tiflawn

Tiflawn Member

I am lookin to buy this truck but do not know anything about the 6.0 I have always had 7.3 turbos. Any thoughts ? : good or bad
  2. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

I have had zero problems with my 03 6.0 and it has 62k on it right now...I would have the dealer run an oasis report on it to see how many times and for what it has been in the shop for...I wouldnt trade mine for anything to be honest with you the best truck I have ever owned..
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Tiflawn, you might want to check out the diesel forum at www.ford-trucks.com
    alot of great info there.
  4. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Dbl check what warrenty work has been done on the tranny. I believe the 04's had the snap ring problem and also had a filter kit installed. It's been awhile but I seem to remember the problem was fixed in January of that model year or something.......
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

It's really a crap shoot on whether it's good or bad. They're like snowflakes, no 2 are alike.

Get the Oasis report to see if it has been one of the problematic ones. The tranny issues that framer refers to occured in 04's and 05's.
  6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

We have 4 brand new squads almost ready to go into service with the new PSD. I can't wait to drive one for a few shifts!
    I drive the 6.0 all the time and I really like them.( I have driven 7.3's since they came out) We have had only minor problems with the 5 - 6.0's we have. Most are near 75k on them. They can have many drivers each week and most are not easy on them.
  7. crew cuts

crew cuts Junior Member
    from Omaha

Hey where did you get those headlights you have on your truck? It looks like they are smoked in the picture on your signature. I have been looking for those headlights but can't find them anywhere.
  8. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Try Summitracing.com
    They have a boat load of stuff for trucks and SUV's.