1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

5th Wheel hitch

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by albhb3, Mar 17, 2009.

1. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

Would anyone of you buy a truck that had 63000 miles on it that use to have a 5th wheel hitch it is a 04 chevy 2500 HD xcab DD AT Thanks
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure...in fact I did. :D

Didn't get the hitch with it though. :cry:

Just the fact that it has a hitch doesn't spell instant abuse. But knowing the previous history or usage and maintenance records is an asset.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Fifth wheels in pick ups normally are for recreational towing. If it was a commercial rig it would have a lot more miles on it.

As Mike said, history, including maintenance records, would be the key. I would expect at 63K for a 04, it was someone's travel toy
  4. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

I do know that it is a totally clean truck inside and out engine looks really clean and well taken care of no dings or dents> They did put some ****** tires on it however they look like minivan tires no chit