1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

59" snowblower tractor attachment John Deere

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by canucklehead, Jan 6, 2009.

1. canucklehead

canucklehead Junior Member

I have a 59" John Deere snow blower attachment. It was used on my JD 790 tractor and will also fit models 4200 4300 & 4400. It may fit other models as it runs off of a front PTO. I also have the front PTO mount & kit that was on my 790. I also have a mid-shaft for the PTO, HOWEVER, the midshaft was bent and straightened so it may not be perfect. You should still be able to use the U-joints and get another shaft built. I can send pics. This unit is like new and has less than 100 hours on it. I also have the owner's manual.

I want $2000 US FIRM for everything. I live near Bellingham, WA. I can email pics.
  2. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

Do you know if it will fit a JD 3320 ? Also, do you have any idea on freight to 43326 (Ohio) ?
    THANKS !!!
  3. canucklehead

canucklehead Junior Member

best to ask a JD dealer on fitment. The manual just refers to it as a 59" snowblower. On several photos of the unit (in the owner's manual) there is a #: M95902. Also, i noticed another reference to PC2108. Not sure if either of these are model numbers.

IF you can get a PTO set up on the front of your tractor, I see no reason why it couldn't be made to work. All the snowblower needs is something to spin the PTO, PLUS the hydraulics to lift blower up/down, and to move the chute right and left. But if you have a bucket, those 4 lines should all be there.

while fuel was priced at it's highest this summer, i got a quote to ship it to Windsor, Ontario for $300-400. Something like that. It was surprisingly cheap. IF it crosses the border, it suddenly gets a lot more expensive, but if your within a few hours of somewhere in Ontario, i could ship it there. OR.... I live within 2 miles of the US border, so I could ship it from somewhere like 98295, or maybe Bellingham, WA. I would say with crate and the extra parts, it'd weigh approx. 500lbs. Manual says it is 450 lbs. It's 5' wide, maybe 3' high and 2' deep. These are guestimates. So if you can get someone in the US to give you a great shipping quote from there, I'll help out.

One other item to check: what will US Customs charge if I bring it across to sell to you? I seem to think it's a $40 fee for me.

So if you have to add $500 to get it to you, is it still worth it?