1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

575 issues

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by suzuki0702, Jan 21, 2011.

1. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

just picked up a used 575. motor was replaced in 09 and i just put a new karrier trans in it. the motor seems good. no bad bearings, it runs just fine. im running it off a switch rated for 30amps. my problem is when i first turn it on with salt in the hopper, the thing has noooo torque, just draws too much and blows the fuse. i removed the fuse assembly and it seems to run fine without it but am i asking for a fire? i moved the auger all the way to the top of the shaft and that seemed to help but didnt solve the problem. is this a common problem? see video below

2. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

new motor, new trans. new wiring. still blowing fuses. still jamming salt up in spreader...wtf am i doing wrong. im ready to take a sledge hammer to this thing
  3. powerplow

powerplow Junior Member

what kind of salt are you using?
  4. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I run one also and once in a while I'll have to spin it by hand first, like what was asked (what kind of salt are you running). I run bulk salt through mine (I put 1 bag of salt first then fill the hopper with bulk). I also put a 30 amp self re-setting spade relay (they slide in like a blade fuse) in mine because I hate having to replace fuses.
  5. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

Mine jams on rock now and than. I just get out and turn it back and forth a few times and it spins.
  6. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

running bagged rock salt through it. tryed diamond crystal (fairly small) now using a quikrete product probably similar to the morton safe t salt. I got so fed up with this thing today i shaved about 1/4" of material off the auger with a grinder because i thought my tolerances were too tight in between the chute and the auger. Then moved the auger all the way down to the spinner disc.. Seems to work great now! Where do you guys have the auger in position on the shaft?