1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

57 Chevy 4x4 with plow!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by got-h2o, Nov 15, 2010.

1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Thought you guys would get a kick out of this. Saw it posted over on another forum. Guy is from MD I guess.......had the 4 door sitting around rotting away so figured what the heck. Too bad it's a Meyer, but unique to say the least! :nod:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

what a waste of a nice car :(

3. MarksTLC

MarksTLC Senior Member

That is unique. That might be kind of fun. Thanks for the post.

4. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

i think its looks good
    looks like they put some time in and did it right instead of some of the hack jobs that
    are out there

5. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Looks like he bolted up the body to a Chevy truck frame. Pretty slick and he ain't salting so what the heck. If you have the skills may as well use em to show off a bit.

I'd plow with it.

6. fireboy5722

fireboy5722 Senior Member

Looks like fun!!!!!!!!

7. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

the 4 door models aren't all that desirable. i think he put it to good use. looks pretty cool towing around the 2 door.

8. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Why would somebody ruin a good car like that? :dizzy:

9. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Very cool. Good advertising there! I'll have to show the father in law these pics. Seeing as he's got a fully restored 55 chevy in the garage. And a 56 chevy in the backyard we could have a new project.

10. ajman21

ajman21 Senior Member

that kinda makes me sick... not quite as bad as the vette some chicks dad from highschool ruined by lifting it. took what would have been a beautiful car and turned it into a pathetic and deperate cry for attention.

11. nhgranite

nhgranite Senior Member
    from N.H

seems to me you could return it to a "car" if you wanted to. i think its cool as hell.

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Ya I don't think it's that bad. It's not like a restored 4 door 57 is all that cool anyway. I love shoeboxes and always have, and love a lot of 4 door cars, but the 4 door 57 isn't one of them. I think what he did sure beats it rotting away in the field. At least he saved it and is having fun with it IMHO, and its especially cool that it's a twin to his drag car. Looks like he did a nice job.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  13. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

Cool, I love it!

I wonder what frame he used? Looks longer than a blazer.....but not as long as a burbin....beats me...:S

14. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Looks nice, I wouldn't do it though.

15. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

A red plow would look mulch better on it.

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

As mulch as I hate to admit it the yellow plow looks mulch better. There's not mulch better then color coordinated plow/vehicle and Meyer would be the right plow for the time frame.

17. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

no kidding!

18. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

You got me on the time frame aspect, However, I would agree if the yellows matched....but they clash. It doesn't work. There is too mulch of a difference between the two yellows. He cheesed out not custom painting the plow.

Boss red would would compliment the ride IMHO.

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

OMG:eek: you are so right. I went back and looked. nasty color match :cry: looks orange. It needs a trip to the paint shop for sure. Maybe a trip edge to limit the wear and tear on the transmission.:rolleyes: