1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

550 with a bent frame

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by cat320, Aug 17, 2003.

1. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I was just talking to a guy a know and he was saying that his frame was bent.He has had it at the spring shop before that to add leafs on the drivers side but still the same.He then brought it to the frame shop and bound out it was bent .Now The fight with ford to get a new C&C .Any one else notice anything wrong like that ?If you feel you have a truck that is leaning to one side you should tell ford dealer and get the frame checked out.

2. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Hi Cat320. You mean the truck is brand new and has never been worked yet and the frame is bent right from the factory? That would really suck. The quality just isnt there anymore it seems. Its a real shame when you spend big bucks for a new truck because you dont want any problems, but you still have problems or little quirky things. Every year though, the prices go up on these new vehicles. Mike

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Yes it's new but the guy was saying it was lopsided from the day he picked it up i guess ,they put a leaf spring in on one side but he said it was still the same.That's when they put it on the frame machine he said. can't wait to see how he makes out.

4. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

This could have been the result of a transportation acciden rather than a manufacturing defect, but in either case, Ford should make good on it. Was the truck ever returned to Ford?

5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I belive that it's at the dealer now.That's what we were talking about they must of really torqued down the chain on that side when transporting or they dropped it.

6. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

In the early 90's I did many a frame repair on brand new GM pickups. Many times they came from the transporter right to the body shop. The body lines from the cab to the box wouldn't line up.

Most times it just involved chaining the truck to the floor and using a floor jack to line things back up.

I would bet somebody was using a "cheater pipe" on the binders.

Hope he can get the problem cleared up,
    Mark K