1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

550 horsepower snowplow!

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ProSeasons, Dec 17, 2003.

1. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

YEAH! Putting down 553 hp and almost 1100 in torque after a $50.00 dyno session. Twin Turbos rock the mighty Cummins!

Can't wait to plow some snow!:eek:

2. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

DAMNNNNNNNN!!!! Now thats POWER!

3. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

Ugh Ugh Ugh..

as Tim "the Tool Man" Taylor would say..

:D

4. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

Arg Arg Arg..

as Tim "the Tool Man" Taylor would say..

:D

5. szorno

szorno Senior Member

YEE-HAA buddy !!! as another Cummins owner would say. That has to be a crankin' piece of eqpt ! What kind of plow needs 550 hp??? :D
    Answer- ANY kind...

6. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

Well guys looks like John has some stiff competition.... last numbers I remeber for his truck was 482.... but I could be wrong....

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  7. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

Johnny is adding some fire rings to a new head (should be done in a week), so he's ready to unleash all that boost that his twins put out! ProGreen-we gotta see some pics of this thing!

8. ToolManTimTaylor

ToolManTimTaylor Junior Member

Hmmm I uhh dunno..... What would I say :p

9. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

Guys,

I talk to John tonight.... he was about 2 hours away from cranking it over.... hopefully all went well tonight....

Also...

I must admit when I am wrong.... I was wrong on the horsepower on John truck....

he said that the old motor pumped out 547 with a bad head gasket on fuel... with the new work he is doing... he is thinking about 600 ponies on gas... and around 700 on juice.... so.... now the stakes have been raised a bit ProGreen......

Any one who has seen the truck know its a beast... but when it has wings put on it... then we all better run for cover!!!!!! or maybe just the Taliban!!!!!!!

Pete

Happy Holidays to all and have a safe and fun time!!!!!!!
    This is the best time to be a kid of any age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

bring em' down i'll give it shot i havent found one yet iv'e had any trouble with, :drinkup: can you send some underhood shots