1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

55 lb bag of salt for 5.48

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by trqjnky, Jan 15, 2010.

1. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

how good of a deal is this?
  2. greatlawn

greatlawn Junior Member

Is it rock salt? Have you tried extra corse water softner salt? I can get it for $3.80 per 50 lb bag from one supplier of $5.00 per bag from another. It is the same thing I have been using it for 2 years.
  3. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Well most everyone around here has to pay whatever the dealer is asking. Which is 9-10 a bag of ice melt. We didnt like that as we use about 10 pallets in dec, and 10 in jan/feb. We spoke with the corporate office, of our dealer here in town. We are now classified as a wholesaler for ice melt! We have to buy 20 pallets a year. We pay less than $7 more than $6 a bag. Seems high for you guys back east but its 30%cheaper than what everyone else is paying. And we can resell it at the the dealer rate.....:angel:
  4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

not a deal at all.
  5. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

its calcium chloride whatnots
  6. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

We get #50 Rock Salt for $4.10 a bag, buying a skid at a time.....
  7. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

I have 50# bagged rock salt available by the skid (we load it) for $4.35 per bag in NW Ohio. Call me if needed @ 419-674-1717.
  8. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

What exactly is a "whatnot"? Is that between a pellet and a flake?

And who is making 55# bags now?

If it *is* Calcium, then it's a steal...probably quite literally.

9. jblatti13

jblatti13 Senior Member

not that good a deal.... pre-season i got pallets of 50# rock salt for 3.00 a bag cash.
  10. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

11. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

3.55 for 50 lbs down here
    Both are Rock salt
    5.33 for 80lbs it's Morton salt

other guy sells 50's for 3.72 bag rock salt and for $175.00 a ton I can get a rock salt with mag added

7.22 bag for ice melt I use (bought by the pallet)
  12. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Retail around here is somewhere around 5 bucks a bag for 50 pounders.
  13. redskinsfan34

redskinsfan34 Senior Member

I think it has alot to do with where you're located. I'm in Michigan within 40 miles of Detroit (salt mines). I pay $2.58 a 50 lb. bag if I buy a pallet.
  14. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

Where do you get that price? I'm paying $3.65 a bag and this guy beat everyone by .50 to a Dollar.
  15. redskinsfan34

redskinsfan34 Senior Member

I apologize. I thought there was more bags to a pallet then what I got. I'm paying more than you. Sorry.
  16. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

I think you need to shop around for a better price !!! I pay $150 a ton for bagged. They stack 40- 50 lb. bags on a pallet. That comes out to just a little over $3.72 per bag. I never heard of 55 lb. bags????
  17. skimastr105

skimastr105 Member

Where you you buy your salt. I'm looking for a new supplier.