1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

55.00 per hour for subcontractor

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wiseguyslawn, Nov 20, 2008.

1. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn Senior Member

this is what I was offered plus i got w-9 ed or taxed of course. if I take someone to do sidewalks 11.00 per hour

is this fair or way to low

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

dunno what the going rate in oh is but in ct our subs get anywhere form 75-100 per hour.
  3. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

$55 - $60 per hour here in Ottawa, Canada! tymusic
  4. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

Cre I am getting 70 for the truck and 80 for the hoe not to bad for these parts.tymusic:drinkup:
  5. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I don't sub anymore but i talked to one of the trucking companies that i ran trucks with and asked what they were paying. Found out that the going rate for a truck with a plow does not matter if it's a 3/4 or 1/2 ton 7' 6" or 8' they get paid between $42.00 - $48.00 depends on who you work for, thats here in BC
  6. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Depends on where your at. seams the east cost get more money but do'nt hold me to that

Around here it's around $55-$75 for trucks $ 85-95 for Skid loaders

ANd if some one from the DM,IA Area says differant I would like to now I been working by But off to get more an Hr an it ain't happen if you do make more then your paddin your hrs then and when you get caught tuff I'll take over for you and do the job right!!

I Know for me It depends on what you have a 1/2 to 3/4 or 1 ton, straight blade or V, 7' or 10' blade and Exeperiance I have had my ass bit twice now with guys saying F^&% man I 've plowed for 10 years or more that can't even push crap over the curb, do' nt clean up there trails, can't do detail clean up and just ttake way to long to do s*&^ compaired to a couple of guys I got that have plow for less years, SO now I get referances, Piss on it I do'nt have time to train you I run a business not a day care!
  7. RamPainting LLC

RamPainting LLC Senior Member

$75+ for trucks, and $17 per hour for sidewalk guys here in Denver Metro area.
  8. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Going rate around here for a 7.5 straight is about 65.00 a hour then they say 75.00 for a V. Which I don't understand. I never subbed because I have years of exp and a guy comes in with a plow and has never used it before and he is going to make the same amount as I do :nono::nono:No thank you.

9. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

In Northwest Ohio I am only getting 70 an hour for my own contracts, so if I were to sub it out I would only be willing to pay about 55 an hour. I mean if I have all the risk for billing, payment, and collections, I have to make something off the deal, or it just wouldn't be worth it.
  10. big acres

big acres Senior Member

actually... wouldn't he be making more than you by taking more time due to inexperience?
  11. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

65-80 here in my part of IL
  12. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

We pay between 50 & 65 hr. One site I just pay per push.
  13. snoaway

snoaway Junior Member

Here in Dayton I get 50 and hour with my own truck and I pay gas, I also buy the salt and mark it up per bag. I wouldnt take anything less then 50 though.
  14. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

I think it all depends on where you live i live in the chicagoland area and we have a very HIGH cost of living doing business ect I knwo the going rate here is 65-80 an hour
  15. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

I've heard everything from $45 to $95 around here. Less than $65 an hour is nuts if you ask me but I'm hearing guys bidding commercial at $60 an hour. Lowballers stink!