1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

544 loader attachments

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by drewskie, Oct 20, 2015.

1. drewskie

drewskie Junior Member

Hey guys I was just wondering what every ones thoughts were on a 544j or k john deer is and more importantly what would be the best attachment for a push. I was looking at hla snow pushes but I need something that can still back blade between cars. The 9' blade that extends to 21' seems like a good idea but I don't know how strong the 6' wings would be. I also consider a 12' chain on snow push so you could use the bucket to back blade then throw the push on and finish the lot off. Any input will help preferably guys that have tried the set ups. One more thing would a 624 be a lot better due to the more power and weight or is it not that big of a difference.
    THANKS!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  2. NickSnow&Mow

NickSnow&Mow Senior Member

I have no advice for you other than HLA makes a backdragger option on their pushers. No need to take off the pusher when you can just tip it up.

3. drewskie

drewskie Junior Member

That is true I ment take it off if the 12' push is to wide to get in between two cars one stall apart

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I tell my operators to NEVER clean out only 1 space. Far too much chance of hitting either vehicle. Has to be at least 2 open spaces.

5. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm with Mooks..Two spaces Min.

6. Mark Oomkes

I think I'll start a petition with MJD to change my username. Thumbs Up:laughing:

7. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

I like it.

PS- I would like to pick your brain for a minute about something if you don't mind. What's a good way to contact you?

8. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

hey, I didn't know if you liked it or not, or if a certain few were just messing with you with the name...I don't know why I haven't changed my handle to MJD by now Thumbs Up

9. Defcon 5

Good Luck with that....He. Does not get good reception in the Bunker he lives in

10. Defcon 5

I have done a large automotive holding yard for a few years now..Everyone is told never go inbetween cars unless it's 2 cars+ wide..To much can go wrong in hour 15 when your tired and not at your best

11. Defcon 5

I think you should change it...There are a few other usernames I could suggest for you...Lol

12. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Mr Mookie is very reclusive, his alter ego after a few alcoholic beverages comes out, that's why is there is a lack of filter on his posts.

OP, trying to do detail work with a load of that size is not suggested

13. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

that was almost :laughing: Matson...just think of all the names I could have/change yours to ;)

anyway, back on topic :D

14. Mark Oomkes

Quit derailing the thread. :realmad::laughing::gunsfiring:

15. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

I would agree with everyone even changing Marks name to bird or Mooks. I think a 9 ft wing plow is too wide to go in 1 spot safely with that large of a loader one slight move of the steering wheel swings the front end side to side even for a good operator.

16. Mark Oomkes

Not sure anyone asked for your opinion.

17. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

We have a 13 JD 524K with a 14' Boss LDR metal trip edge box.. works great.

18. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Here are a few.

1536584_1270670319613311_7103743959251048689_n.jpg

10888364_1268909606456049_1593246213914605356_n.jpg

DSC_7435.jpg

DSC_7534.jpg

19. NickSnow&Mow

NickSnow&Mow Senior Member

Nice rig. How do you like the bucket mount pusher? Why do you prefer that over a quick attach bucket and pusher?

20. PALS Landscapin

PALS Landscapin Senior Member

Ramair sweet set up. For the original post the poor guy only has 7 post I feel like he has alot of learning to do. How well does that push box work. I was goinmg to get the 16ft box but was a little on the skeptical side. I have the 12 ft box and love it.