1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

50lb bag of Potassium or calcium coverage?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rnblase, Aug 14, 2008.

1. rnblase

rnblase Senior Member

I need some help.
    What would be the SQ. FT. a 50lb bag of Potassium or calcium would cover? A good coverage not a thin one.
    I am in Missouri we get a mixture of ice and snow..
    Thanks for your help
    Rickussmileyflag

2. TurfKing360

TurfKing360 Member

Rick, My usage rates will be diiferent from yours due to location and conditions but on average a 50lb bag can cover alot. We have had numbers on sodium chloride be as high as 60lbs covering 1acre or 43560sqft. or as little as 50lbs covering 750sqft on a thick ice build. Much has to due with the exact product use. You can as your supply or product manufacturer for cover rates in your are.

3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

50lbs coverering an acre? u most be barely spreading anything i think most ppl on here have told me that the average is around 500lbs per acre on rocksalt, and i even go heavier i think

Potas. or Cal - will cover alot more, but depends on what the surafce condions are. but i would say that it can be around 250 lbs per acre- but that was spread using a push spreader

4. TurfKing360

TurfKing360 Member

I just gave averages in conditions we have had.