1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

$5000 Reward

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by MSS Mow, Jan 2, 2007.

1. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

There has been an ad in the Uncle Henry's for the past several weeks. Uncle Henry's is a swap/sell it guide sold in Maine, Mass, NH, VT and NB Canada.

I saw this ad in the Truck Accessories section.

$5000 REWARD

Find a snowplow in all the world that is faster to attach & detach and collect reward!

Conditions: Anytime, anywhere. Demonstration must be real world, non-laboratory setting. Plow must a commercial production model available for sale to the public. Prove it yourself! (other conditions may apply) (Curtis)

Thought someone might be interested in making a quick 5 Grand. I've never used a Curtis, so I don't know how fast they are, but someone must be able to attach/detach another plow quicker.
  2. cbelawn

cbelawn Member

sombody ?

if you never owned a curtis then you would not know how easy it really is !
  3. makplow

makplow Senior Member

Good luck! If any one has that kind of money to gamble?

4. friedlerpest

friedlerpest Junior Member

I wonder if there is stipulation on the age of the Curtis plow? As mine has aged it has progressively gotten harder to hook it up. The hardware has gotten really sloppy and difficult to line up. We can put a Meyer EZ mount on faster with much less difficulty.

If there were reliable dealer in my area I might have it repaired. This is the only complaint I have about the Curtis. There was only one good dealer in my area and due to Curtis Pride they lost him. Now I just put up with what ever it does and fix it myself.
  5. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

Are they really that easy? I can drive right up to my Fisher & I'm ready to go in less than a minute.
  6. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

i would put the money up against on my blizzard, hell it runs fine without the pins even, with pins, hook up in less than 1 minute.
  7. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

i have A western ultra mount 4 seasons old still goes on like new, the most time spent is getting out of the truck to go pull two pins up. i gues if i run i could go faster but still, prob.less than 30-45 sec. to hook up. do you really need a plow to hook up fast? i would rather have a plow that takes 5 min to hook up but last for years. and have quality hydraulics and never breaks than a plow that hooks up in less than 30 secs with so many moving parts that are prone to failure when exposed to salt. just my .02.
  8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

The key is in the "conditions".
  9. Easy

Easy Senior Member

I have the same problem with my less that 3 years old Curtis. It has gotten so worn and sloppy that it is real hard to get on and off.
  10. Reddiesel1

Reddiesel1 Junior Member
    from CT

I have the Curtis 3000 and love it. I looked at all the others and Fisher was 2nd choice till I went to the local dealer and he showed me 1 just installed. Looked nice till he disconnected it and tried to reconnect. he had to rock the frame to get the pins to lock.
    Said no thanks as I had MM1 had the same problem and with my bad back NO WAY!:gunsfiring: [​IMG]
  11. dbreault

dbreault Member

Nice looking truck, you don't see too many extended-cab-short-bed-diesels around! wesport
  12. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Im my oppinion, they hook up awesome, and are good plows. I would never buy one though due to the fact that when I had mine, the connection was terrible. Curtis needs to put their harness pin by the grille, like the other companies do. Every time I dropped the blade, I had to get out and mess with that harness. Maybe only their early models had that problem, but since curtis didnt want to help me correct their own problem, I dont think I would ever buy another one. But they are nice and hook up quick, but IMO my western is just as quick.
  13. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

The only "newer" plow I've ever owned is a BOSS and if it takes 30 seconds to hook up your screwing around. I'd be interesed to see some pictures from you Curtis owners on how your plows hook up. 5 K is a lot of diapers for my kids!! I don't see many Curtis plows in my area.
  14. dbdrgr150

dbdrgr150 Member

You probably have to take ur plow in there and then have a race against someone who can connect and disconnect plows faster, you or a guy that only connects and disconnects plows all day long and happens to work for curtis
  15. dbreault

dbreault Member

You would expect me to do otherwise?;) That "Reward" is going on about 3-4 years old. We still believe we have the fastest plow and often times at trade shows or dealerships we have woman demonstrate the system to show ease of use.

To the best of my knowledge no-one has taken them up on the offer........payup
  16. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

when does the clock start?
  17. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

The clock started before you were ready.

Maybe they want two people that never put on a plow before do it with just a instruction manual. and have them pull up to plow as well.

That's real world? Nope

A controlled test would be to take 50 guys that never plowed ever are some what mechanically inclined to do each type mounting and dismounting after they are shown how to do it. Then time them as fast as they can do the process 10 times. Give a cash prize for the fasted over all times and you'll see what's the fastest.