1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

500 in action?

Discussion in 'Avalanche Box Plows' started by Mick76, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Do you guys have any video of the new 500 in action? I really want to see how your slip hitch works in real world experiences......
  2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Its been a month and no response..... guess you guys don't want to sell any of these things.....
  3. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

They never respond or if they do its 3 months later
  4. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

Video of the 500 Series will be posted soon!

It is very similar to the 400Series only difference is the floating hitch allows the pusher to adjust to uneven surfaces. Self-leveling shoes allows the operator to simply drop and go without worrying about keeping the pusher exactly level. Rugged torsion springs on the steel trip edge model provide exceptional stiffness for attacking even hard-packed snow while riding back fully over solid obstacles. Reinforced side panels prevent them from buckling on impacts.

We will let you know when the video is posted!!
  5. 60Grit

60Grit Senior Member

subscribed. I'd like to see this video. I currently run two 8' and a 10' Sometimes with poly sides(for parking ramp decks) instead of metal shoes, guys will chew them up relatively quick if they are uneven at all.
  6. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

7. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Oh Mike, just empty out some of those coin machines and just buy it,lol
  8. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Now thats funny!
  9. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

The 500 isn't even on the website anymore...
  10. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I guess they couldn't build a better mouse trap.........
  11. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

Just like the Space Shuttle, the launch of the 500 has been put back a couple of months. We made some changes to the design this spring after more testing in the winter and it has taken time to refine and test the new features. When you finally get your hands on it you're going to like it a lot, I promise. Look for it to be released in time for use this upcoming winter.
    Our apologies if we've kept some of you in the dark on this. We'll do a much better job checking in from now on.
  12. Nestech

Nestech Senior Member

Optimus Plow

Is the Optimus Plow being released for this winter?
  13. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

Yes, the Optimus will be available before this coming winter. We will be releasing an official announcement, along with pictures, sometime within the next week.

Stay tuned!