1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

$500 Gamble

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by RogerLeo, Sep 13, 2014.

1. RogerLeo

RogerLeo Junior Member

Never owned a plow but took a chance the other day and hope it works out.

Even if I can't get it hooked up I think I can sell it for more.

Here are some pictures so can you experts here tell me if I made a good deal?

Also will the hook up to my 1997 Chevy Silverado Stepside?

2. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Plow looks just fine for your residential use. I believe you said on the other thread that you live on a farm and are just doing your own land, correct? You should be able to get it connected, you will just need the correct truck mount for your vehicle (if that one's not the right one), and light harness and you'll be fine. Go online and purchase an owner's manual for the plow if it didn't come with one, and ask whatever questions you've got on here and someone will chime in with help/answers for you. P.S, the guy that put the Meyer decal on crooked should be choked! :)
  3. RogerLeo

RogerLeo Junior Member

Yep the crooked decal made me laugh. We have welders and plenty of steel laying around the farm. Hopefully we can modify it and hook up.

Thanks for the reply!
  4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Good price.
  5. jordanFTW

jordanFTW Member

For 500, I think you got a great deal.
  6. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

I'd have to agree. Not a fan of yellow paint(unless it's with green), but I'd probably buy that.
  7. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Heck for $500 I would have picked it up and made a skid plow out of it.
  8. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

Total deal. That would sell for at least double ++