1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

500,000 sqft of concrete

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by great_scapes, Feb 9, 2009.

1. great_scapes

great_scapes Junior Member

I have a property 500,000 sqft that needs to be constantly maintained (employees 24/7). I am going through cutting edges like crazy. Any suggestions? Has anyone had success with pretreatments?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

So they want zero tolerance? Are you putting down and salt?

3. CSC Contracting

CSC Contracting Senior Member

It sucks to plow with the shoes on but if you get them adjusted right they work

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Need a little more info, like what are you plowing with?

5. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Has kentucky had that much snow this year? I am not trying to be funny, just curious? AR400-f steel edges work for me! Even if you pretreat you still need to plow( anything serious) so your going to wear edges. It will keep the snow from sticking as much, which would help a 24/7 location. IMO.

,shaun

6. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i would go with 8" x 5/8" grader edges from Cat. if that's not enough go with some 4' carbide edges on top of the Cat edges.....

7. MattyK

MattyK Senior Member
    from Boston

I know the DPW in my town double up on cutting edges

8. HinikerPrototyp

HinikerPrototyp Member

Just have to watch the amount of weight you add, a thicker edge might last longer but its going to be harder on your pump motor to lift when your blade is stick in the pile or full of sticky snow. Just with adding prowings makes a plow lift harder and your not as easy to shake it to remove extra snow ,, just a thought