1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

50 lb bags of salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mon4t, Jan 22, 2007.

1. mon4t

mon4t Junior Member

hey guys,

I wondering if this is a good price for 50lb bag of salt i'm paying $ 3.75 per bag thats for pallet pricing for 1-2 pallets at 3 pallets it would be cheaper per bag. Hope it starts snowing more i'm bored as heck here in buffalo, New york

Thanks Mike
    Jax landscaping&snowplowing
    "our buisness is always growing"

2005 Chevy 2500 HD
    7' 6"boss super duty straight
    575 snowex salter

2. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I paid $3.92 per bag...that was for a full pallet.

3. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I paid $176 for 49 bags on a skid

4. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

price

I buy by the skid and my price is $3.85 per 50 lb. bag.

5. Dogbonz

Dogbonz Member

$3.93 per bag, pallet price out door with tax $204.12

The local Lowes wants 4.47 per bag and no break on a pallet price :gunsfiring:

I live in a small town,, and that is the best price I can find, at my local grain elevator.
    Or I can buy from my Contractor for 3.30 per,,, but I got to do a 60 mile round trip for it.
    and waste some gas. :nono:

6. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

It would seem to me that a company like Lowes or HD would be able to much better on pricing because of the volume they buy...... but I guess they don't need to......

7. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I pay $3.46 per 50lb bag on a 49 count skid.

8. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I guess I'll have to check Lowes again, They were about 50 cents more than Wal-Mart for ice melter, which I checked last night; Wal-Mart had for $6.47 for 50# bag. But I didn't see the salt at Lowes, must have been out or kept somewhere else (make too much sense to keep it with the ice-melter.)

9. Dogbonz

Dogbonz Member

I even ask the guys at Lowes to match the price of the grain elavator,,, they said,, Sorry only if it's the Exact same brand name.:gunsfiring: :nono:

10. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

$5.97 for a 50 lb bag at my local Lowes. Walmart is only charging 50 cents more than that for 50 lbs of ice melter.

11. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Senior Member

Cheapest for rock salt I have found around here is $4.49 for a #60 bag on a pallet.

12. wow, 5.97 for 50# at Lowes? around here for a 50# bag is 4.47. The first couple salting trips I made a bought a few bags from there, ouch $$$$$. You would think Lowes or HD would be better priced.

13. bigjeeping

bigjeeping Senior Member

50lb rock salt
    3.447 per bag before tax

14. mon4t

mon4t Junior Member

hey guys,

thanks guys fot the replys and the information it help it showed that the price i'm paying at 3.75 per bag is pretty close to what you guys are paying for a 50lb bag thanks again have fun plowing and salting when it snows we had about 5-6 inches here on monday so we finally got to go out .

Thanks Mike
    JAX LANDSCAPING AND SNOWPLOWING
    "OUR BUSINESS IS ALWAYS GROWING"

15. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

50lbs

$3.95 per bag around $200 single pallet 49 bags.