1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

50 Degrees For 3 Days Straight, So...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DeereFarmer, Jan 2, 2011.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I got bored and washed my truck. Went to NH and back yesterday and my truck was white by the time I got home. 4 hours later it looked like this. Probably the cleanest any one of my trucks has ever been in January.

0102011522.jpg

0102011523.jpg

2. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

so much for fitting in the garage! That is a Sweet Truck!

3. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck!! Wheres the new plow truck??

4. DeereFarmer

Hahaha I tried to fit it in the garage once... lets just say the garage won.:laughing: That door is 8.5' tall just to give you an idea of how tall the truck is.:mechanic:

5. DeereFarmer

I'm still working on the new one. Its not ready for its photo shoot yet, probably by the end of the week I'll have it all put back together and post up a thread for it.

6. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Looks great, I had 50s too for a couple of days. Good time to do some maintenance on the plow, watch the piles melt down and even got the bike out for a couple of hours. Good looking Ford!!

7. DeereFarmer

Thanks! Yeah only my big piles are left. Everything else melted down, even the 4' drifts from the "blizzard" we had last weekend. Made for a really muddy mess already though. Felt like spring.

8. DScapes

DScapes Member

I never put my landscaping equipment too far!

Did a few last minute cleanups for the 50deg days around here ha.

figured i'd make that $$ before those leaves decompose by spring ha

9. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

what size is your stack i might be getting a 5 or 6 in bullhauler like that this week

10. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Don't do it :nono:, can't stand them...you don't live far enough South...lololol

11. DeereFarmer

6" Aussie cut stacks. Its 5" from the turbo back to the stacks.

12. DeereFarmer

Don't be jealous Eyesell! They were on there when I bought the truck. I wasn't a huge fan at first but they grew on me. I like that I'm not sooting up my rear quarters or the car behind me. I like the sound the best tho. Thats the only reason I keep them. I'm young and dumb. I'm still in that "I like my trucks loud" stage of my life.:laughing: Luckily, I'm far enough away from you that you can't hear me.:D

13. DeereFarmer

A few more stack pics for you random:

1.jpg

2.jpg

14. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

That is So Cool! Usually I like the straight cut pipes better, but those look Good!

15. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Good looking truck, but try something. Loosen the clamps and turn those stacks 20-30 degrees, I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the look.
    Robert

16. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

cool thanks how louds it in the cab?

17. DeereFarmer

I've tried that. I wasn't a huge fan of it. I'm the only person that likes them straight back I guess.:laughing:

18. DeereFarmer

Its pretty loud, especially in the summer with the windows down. I went on a ten hour trip over the summer and by the end of it my ears were ringing a bit. It straightpipes tho, so if it ever got too back I'd put a muffler and cat on it.

19. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Where's the plow on that truck. And ya ditch the stacks, your not a redneck!

20. DeereFarmer

This truck will never have a plow on it.