1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

50/50 Salt sand in MPLS area?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Yarden of eden, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Yarden of eden

Yarden of eden Member

Does anyone know where I can get some 50/50 around the Minneapolis area? I am currently getting 80/20 at D-Rock Center in New Brighton and it isn't quite potent enough for some of my accounts. I am located about 40 minutes north of Minneapolis so anything on the north side of the city would be helpful. Thanks

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I think D-Rock is actually a 85/15 mix. Not sure where to get a 50/50 you could have them add some salt to your load.

3. Yarden of eden

Yarden of eden Member

Damn, do you know of any place that has a higher salt content than them?

4. Deershack

Deershack Senior Member

I think Shifskiy's (spelling?) in Maplewood has 70/30, just off Hwy 36 and McKnight by the old Anchor Block plant.

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

Me, I run 100% saltThumbs Up. You could try Gertens or the dreaded Headberg. You could give Midwest a call, I don't know if they even have anything but it's closer.

6. Yarden of eden

Yarden of eden Member

Thanks I will have to check them out

7. Yarden of eden

Yarden of eden Member

I will check them out too. Why is Hedberg dreaded? I haven't really ever dealt with them but I haven't ever heard anything bad about them either

8. NICHOLS LANDSCA

I won't bad mouth anyone that can't defend themselves, just watch their prices

9. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

hedberg has 50/50 but its not cheap, plaistads sp? has it also. THere are more to the south also.

10. Yarden of eden

Yarden of eden Member

Just an FYI for you guys, called Hedberg and its 63 per ton for 50/50. Doesn't sound too bad to me. Its 46 per yard at D-Rock for 85/15 or 80/20 whatever their mix is

11. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

cant you mix up your own

12. Yarden of eden

Yarden of eden Member

No, I work out of my house right now and I have nowhere to store material, and I also don't yet have a skidloader to do it