1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

5 Yr old 8611LP still looks shiny!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by WIPensFan, Jan 5, 2012.

1. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I'm really bored, so I took some pictures of my Blizzard plow today. This gets used quite a bit, about 5-6 hrs every average snowfall. This season it's been used once!! Just goes to show that not all 5 yr old Blizzards have to look like crap. This is always inside, helps keep the paint from fading and hoses from cracking. New edges this year.

Blizzard 1.jpg

Blizzard 2.jpg

Blizzard 3.jpg

Blizzard 4.jpg

Blizzard 5.jpg

2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

That looks in better shape then any of my older ones. We are going to start getting them in better shape over the winter, bit of paint and stickers!

3. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

That looks very good for 5 yrs of use.

4. WIPensFan

Thanks guys.

5. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Do you keep all your snow equipment under cover year round?

I see a Boss V there in one pic.

6. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe made by Douglas but I really don't like them because I prefer chainlift and trip edge

7. WIPensFan

Yes I do, but I don't have a ton of stuff like some on here. I'll tell you this though, if I had more winter equipment, I would figure a way to keep it inside. I realize it's not always possible though.

8. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Nice, Thumbs Up:drinkup: My 2 looks the same and they are about the same age. They get about 8-12 hrs of plow time per storm.

Like you said, when you take care of your equipment washing after every storm and keeping it undercover in the summer and winter, they stay in pretty good shape

9. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

looks really great

10. WIPensFan

Thanks. I wish my shop floor had a drain. I would wash my stuff more than 2x per winter.

Thanks Omran, haven't heard from you much, you must be busy makin money??payup

11. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

Nice looking plow, and nice grandstand in the background

12. WIPensFan

Thanks. I really love that mower.

13. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

Looks good. Our older one (2003) is holding up pretty good too, back looked about the same but the front had alot more wear on it, sticker were all faded. Just added new sticks and a cutting edge looks like new.

Had to work alot to get new stickers for Free but its an option when you ever get to that point. Gotta keep the image up.

Truck looks good too. Love a sexy Chev

14. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking plow i have seen 2 yr old plows that look worse than that

15. WIPensFan

Thanks for the comments guys.:salute:

16. snocrete

snocrete Banned

With all I've read about how chity the paint jobs are on blizzard plows......that looks really good. But like you said, dry/inside storage makes a huge difference.

17. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

You could use a few more hedge trimmers :p Love the clean shop too, I am the same way about mine...most of the time!

18. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Looks really good! Goes to show, take a bit of time to keep it clean and equipment will last longer. I know several guys who run Blizzards and leave them outside and within even a year they all looked as if they were 5 years old and many rusted parts. I hear ya on the floor drains, our shop only has 1 little 6" behind the bathroom,lol. I found a great squeegee, it has kind of a foam blade verses rubber. It cleans right to the floor and is usually dry within a matter of minutes.

19. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

Yours look great I have 4 Blizzards and they all look like *****. I wash them after every storm and that still dont help. I bought a Boss two years ago and that still looks like new.

20. WIPensFan

Thanks Mike.

Yeah, the hedge trimmers don't last to long so I have to keep buying a few new ones every year. Thanks for the compliments.

Thanks Brian, I'm always squeegeing my shop floor after we plow, what a pain!

Thanks much. It seems as though Boss does a really good job with their paint.