1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

5 year old fisher minute mount for an f150?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by F150dash, Feb 13, 2008.

1. F150dash

F150dash Member

Looking for some advice, I have a 2007 f150 supercab 4.6, 6'5"box, and I found a 5 year out fisher minute mount and I was wondering if this would be an ok plow for my truck or is it too heavy? And when they say that the bumper needs notched does that mean the air deflector or the chrome bumper. Cause I already busted up my air deflector trying to take out a tree stump (not meaning to, didn't know it was there) so I don't care about it but I don't want to hurt my bumper. Any advice would be great. Thanks

2. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

I have a 2006 F150 supercab, 6.5 bed, 5.4, auto. I run a 7.5 mm2 RD on the truck and with a 2" leveling kit and 400 lbs of ballast the truck handles the plow quite well. You only have to notch the plastic to accomodate the push plates. Good luck, Roy

3. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

As long as its a 7 1/2 footer you'll be fine. Do you know if its an LD plow (short moldboard with 2 trip springs) or an RD plow (3 trip springs) and if its the original Minute Mount or is it a Minute Mount 2, i cant remember when they switched to the newer design? Not that it will make any difference, its just that the MM2 plows weight alittle less than the older plows.

Get a set of timbrens and put some balast like 400 lbs or so and youll be fine. Good luck