1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

5 Yard Dump

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by KentuckyPlow, Nov 25, 2002.

1. KentuckyPlow

KentuckyPlow Member

I have a 5 yard Dump F-700.
    I also have a low profile Tailgate spreader for a pickup truck.
    I am thinking of hanging the spreader on the back and filling it through the coal chute.
    Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

the problem i see with that is how would you know when it was full an how would you keep from overfilling.if you had another person an you just wanted to use the dump box to load it i think it would be ok you need the other person to tell ya when its full. a good mirror an light mite also work as well. an by the way where are you in kentucky let me know hell i'm in louisville thanks george

3. KentuckyPlow

KentuckyPlow Member

George,
    I have other tailgate mounted spreaders, so I know about how long a load lasts, so I figured I could tilt the bed, walk back and open the chute, and watch it till it fills up.
    Or I could fabricate a shroud that would contain the salt and leave the chute open all the time.
    By the way, I'm just south of Florence, KY. About 1 1/2 Hours away.

4. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

kentucky plow that sounds like a great way to load it up it will save alot of time that is for sure an it will save lots of money buying bulk as well. sounds like you have a great game plan when ya get it done post pics i would like to check it out . it would be kool to put an electric type magnetic selonoid on that door that would raise it an lower an also find out how long it takes to fill that hopper an then put a timer on theunit an make the timer act as the switch lotts of options let me know an how it turns out if ya need anything hell i'm here in louisville just give me a jingle take care george