1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

5 trucks we built at work

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 91AK250, Feb 13, 2010.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i thought i'd post up the chevys we built up in the last few months for a oil company.

stated with 5 2009 3500 crew cab 4x4 6.6's.

they got

under hood Vmac air compressor.
    hose reel in the front pass bed compartment.
    custom built front bumpers painted by me.
    driving lights
    spot light on roof.
    extra interior lights.
    webasto in cab diesel heater mounted in rear pat of cab.
    removed rear seats.
    spray in bed liner.
    custom switch panal.
    battery charger, tranny/oil pan heaters, block heater - for plugging in when not running.
    custom striping w/company logos.
    front mud flaps.

i'm prolly missing some things, also they requested no rear bumpers and we're not sure why.

anyhow enjoy!
  2. 91AK250

3. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

those trucks are awesome. you have a pretty sweet job man. post up some more stuff if you see any. good job on the bumpers too!
  4. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

They probably have there own custom made rear bumpers to bolt on ...Like a lot of contractors do..
    They just swap them from truck to truck ....
  5. Scott13136

Scott13136 Member

did you make or buy the bumpers. If you made them, do you sell them also? They are the nicest bumpers I have seen on the new Chevy's.
  6. S&S

S&S Junior Member

Very nice work. I could use one of those bumpers on my truck for driving to work some times.
  7. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

Thats the bumper I have always wanted for driving thru rush hour traffic, and I mean THRU:D. I have also though about getting an oldschool cow catcher from the front of an old steam locomotive and mounting that on the front of an old beater with no plates.:laughing:
  8. 91AK250

they provided the specs and pics of the bumpers they allready had and we built these identical. they are rather heavy..took 3 guys to carry/mount them but they should be very stout. idk about the selling them as they took alot more time then first thought.

yeah we figured they had there own rear bumper set-up.

we also built a '09 4x4 6.6 tow truck truck them too, i'll try to get those pics off my phone.
  9. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

If they sent you the specs, you might not legally be able to sell or reproduced them for any other purpose other than for them, without proper permission, it depends where they got the idea/specs from. So before you put too much thought into selling them you might want to consider that first.
  10. Evanbrendel

Evanbrendel Senior Member

i bet they mount a giant welder also.
  11. 91AK250

well these bumpers werent exactly to spec, some mods were done as we saw fit so technicaly they are not the exact same ones. i see no real demand for them other then from this one company though. seeing as how they are the only company up north that runs chevys, the rest use fords.

yeah apparently they are going to be service trucks, running between well houses and crap for the oil pipeline.
  12. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Those look Awesome!!!!!!!!!

Got any more pics of them?
  13. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

Looks good, the spot light up on the roof looks goofy though.
  14. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

I guess if they are off the road, if the front bumper cant make it over, then they dont havta worry about some yahoo ripping something underneath the truck. Nice work trucks.
  15. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

This might be a bit different but - where do you source the front mudflaps?

I got a set like that for one of my trucks about five years ago at a flea market, and they are great! But I can't seem to find them again anywhere. These are the ones that are quite long, and curl all the way up along the wheel well to the top of the fender?
  16. 91AK250

i dont know where we get the front flaps but they are exactly as you described..i'll try and ask and see what i can findout.

the bumpers they use the big pin in the middle for pindel(sp) hitch trailers up there that they use...much easier for the guys to move them around..ect from the front..so they will be slamming into trailers soon and not look so pretty. and i guess they are so low to the ground to help with busting through drifts they said. seeing as how the bumper is about as low as the lowest point on the undercarrage.
  17. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I'm assuming this is conoco-philips the oil company? Those HD"s look awesome!
  18. 91AK250

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010