1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

5" nov 11th

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by 91AK250, Nov 12, 2008.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

yay finally alittle bit!

my drive home

plowing, love the new tires
  2. 91AK250

3. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

I like the looks of that "Box" plow. Did you fab that yourself? I would like to see more pics of it ,was thinking about adding that to my Western. Does the steel go all the way to the ground or do you have rubber on the bottom to allow the plow to trip?
  4. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

AK the truck looks great, I love the tires. I told you it was going to snow!:drinkup:
  5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

looks good, what tires did you put on?
  6. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Nice Pictures!! I wish we had 5 inches to plow.

What tires did you end up getting?

Truck looks great.

Are you plowing more than just driveways now?...that kinda looks like a lot.

Thanks for the pics...
  7. 91AK250

the wings on the plow are what my local boss dealer, and the place i work sells/installs..they are steel all the way to the bottom.

i put on BFG trac edge, double studded 235/85 16's and they work flawlessly!!!

with the 650lbs of ballest and the new tires makes this thing unstopable!! i hardly spin at all...every season before this one i was spinning more then i wasnt...so this is a welcome change :)

they are talking more snow in a few days, all i can say is FINALLY!!!!

i only plow driveways...family and friends.....the lot pic was just well i was at a stop getting some milk before going home lol
  8. Freddy130

Freddy130 Senior Member

Truck looks awsome with the black rims and new tires, imo I'd try and find some chrome trim rings, would look kick azz!

9. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

awesome pics man, i was going to say that youd plow better in that lot with your plow on the ground with all the pics you took lol looks like itd be a fun lot to plow, how many drives you doing?
  10. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

see tim was right just the other day you where getting scared now look payup whens the back rack coming ?:D
  11. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

X2, do they have some sort of a shear bolts/pins? Does it still windrow at all? Does it still trip? When the edge wears down do you need to replace them too or do they offer a rubber bolt on piece at that point?

Awesome pics, cant wait for MN to get some snow... I'm still driving my Corvette everyday!

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Liar, the vette was at the shop today.
  13. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, but it was covered in snow :eek: (the .25 inches we got). I did take it deer hunting last weekend though. Who can say they took a blown vette hunting?

Again great pics
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  14. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

great pics. wish we had 5" of snow. its been plenty cold at night. but getting to upper 40s during the day.
  15. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

All in good time Dave, wait for it..........:p
  16. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

should i get the plow ready anytime soon?
  17. TLB

TLB Senior Member

are you going to share some of that snow with the rest of us:rolleyes:
  18. 91AK250

yeah it will still trip if you hit somthing hard enough, i havent in the 2 years i've had the wings on...also i dunno about edges as my plow doesnt see alot of use.

they are bolted on with grade8 bolts and has some cross braces on the insides. it will throw to the sides just fine.

i only plow my own and family's drives so it doesnt get a ton of use...i havent done anything in the 7 years i've had the plow other then grease fittings/change oil in it.

the hubcaps are going back on....i lost one at 80mph the other day so i'm wiating till i have all 4 to put back on the truck...dont wanna roll without one....i HATE how it looks with the black steelies....gimmie hubcaps damnit :)
  19. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Great lookin truck u got there! but as u all say "I wish I could get some of that snow" I'm all geared up n ready, but NO snow. good 2 all & safe plowin when we get it.

20. 91AK250

alittle new snow, they are saying possible 6-7" by the end of the weekend we'll see what happend but got around 2" by now.

and ofcourse a new vid, this is plowing my road and then a pass down my driveway.