1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

5 lot bid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by muldnerlm, Nov 16, 2004.

1. muldnerlm

muldnerlm Junior Member
    from NY

I was informed by a friend that a 5 lot contract was coming up for bid. The owner of the 5 lots is good friends with my buddy so i have a good shot at it if i make a reasonable bid. My problem is that this is my first year of plowing , and I had intended to start off slow working smaller residential drives. Any advice or tips on what to look for when I go to view the lots would be very helpful. Thanks
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Seriously, my advice is to pass on it - being your first year plowing. There is no way someone here can help you without having dimensions, obstacles, specific requirements etc.
  3. muldnerlm

muldnerlm Junior Member
    from NY

I think thats what I am going to do. Thanks!
  4. Foz

Foz Senior Member

Where are you in NY?, GIve me some info regarding location, size, obstacles, PM if you like!
  5. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Bid it by the hour then it doesn't mater how long it takes you you will get paid for your work.