1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

5 Blade Flyswatter upgrade

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by SnowStooge3, May 28, 2005.

1. SnowStooge3

SnowStooge3 Junior Member

Does anyone know if they make a 6,7,or 8 blade fan that mounts on the fan clutch? Or will i have to switch over to a direct drive fan? 88 F-150/351 that used to have AC, took the condenser out to try to flow more air

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Try a bigger race car parts place like Summitracing.com
    I got my new fan there. You have to figure out which direction the fan blades go before you order it.
    Keep the fan clutch, it lets the fan disconnect at higher speeds to save money on fuel.
    If it runs hot at highway speeds with the blade on, angle it and drop it down
    for better air flow.

3. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

Most water pumps have the same size bolt pattern for the fan. I installed a big block Chrysler fan on my CJ-5 with a small block chevy in it. It worked out real well. I tried the aftermarket flex fans and they did not move enough air at low speeds.