1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

5 acre pallet company pricing- need help?!?!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by right touch, Oct 21, 2009.

1. right touch

right touch Junior Member
    from 08844

im bidding on a 5 acre pallet company site which is very intricate (many ins and outs). Ive done alot of subcontracting snow plowing and residential snow plowing but never priced anything myself. The guy they had doing it was charging $125 per hour and it was just one guy with one plow. Before the lady told me that I was thinking 1 plow 1 loader and 2 shovelers to be most efficient but now i have to think along the lines of 1 or 2 guys. Maybe 1 plow and 1 loader and then the loader guy gets out to shovel? so do i just charge $125 per man per hour and it is what it is? I dunno that doesnt sound right but im new to the commercial snow bidding. They said the guy didnt do a great job and missed alot of stuff so it seems like I could make a good buck if I price it right then just toss 2 of my guys there for a couple hours per storm.

2. big acres

big acres Senior Member

If they will pay you 125 I say go straight hourly. It's probably a maze of stacked materials that changes constantly... plus alot of debris floating around in those snow plies to deal with. that is a respectable hourly rate that will probably be done by some guy for less than half this year.