1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

.5 acre lot with sidewalks

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by dcallday, Dec 18, 2015.

1. dcallday

dcallday Junior Member

Im doing a L shaped parking lot that is wide open and is .5 acre in total area. Included are sidewalks that would be done by shovel 150x4'.
    Thoughts on a price?
    We have a f450 truck with plow

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

How long will it take you to plow? What do you need to make an hour? What prices can u charge in your area?

3. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

$12

"

4. dcallday

dcallday Junior Member

I was thinking 1 hour using truck with plow, 1 hour with guy on dingo/shovel for sidewalks.
    $300 up to 3", add 25% if 4-6"

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

That's awesome............except it would go for around $75 around here.

And unless it's really difficult and your shoveler is using a sand pail type shovel, you need to revise your time estimates.

6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

20 minutes total, plow, shovel, and salt. 1 guy.With a break of 5 min to pee.

7. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Upon further review, after seeing your geographical location, and knowing your fixed costs, I say $8.32

8. andersman02

andersman02 Senior Member

why would you need a dingo? go get a snowplow shovel, thats not enough to need a dingo or another person IMO.

We have one, about 15k sq ft split into 2 different lots, front and back of building, with a total of around 150/4' of sidewalks. takes 30 minutes with 1" of snow. 20 to plow 10 to shovel, shovel everything into lot first then push. we charge $150 for it. Nobody likes shoveling, charge for it

9. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with Andersman. By the time you unloaded a dingo I could have that walk cleared.